This week's subject is Ten Favorite Moments from 2013. I have to admit that 2013 was not a banner year for me. However, there are always good times and happy moments in every year.
1. My son's Bar Mitzvah. It was totally different than our initial plan and ended up being just right!
2. The phone call from my daughter when we found out that she had made the varsity lacrosse team. Such excitement!
3. And while we're on the topic of great phone calls from Molly, her call from overnight camp telling us that she had been selected as a Color War captain. (She had a great 2013!)
4. Running my fastest 5K. It was a hot, hilly race and I was so happy to have finished better than I thought. It was also nice to have my sister greet me at the finish.
5. Another running one. Teaching a Couch-to-5K class and then having my friends complete their first 5K. I was a proud mama!
6. Weddings! Both weddings involved brides that I love and being able to spend time with friends that I love. My son attended both weddings with me and we enjoyed our special time together. First, in June, Cheryl and Jon. And then, on the second-t0-last day of 2013, Cate and Rhys.
7. Fourth of July weekend in Vemont. Wonderful weekend with friends, capped off with my favorite annual pool party.
8. Making tamales with Lino on Christmas Eve. It's our tradition. I asked him this morning about it and he said he was sad that our kids didn't help this year. For me, I liked that we did it together and knocked out a large amount of tamales!
9. Sitting with my son at my daughter's hockey game against our rival (Natick) and high-fiving and hooting after Molly scored her first varsity goal.
10. Catching up with old friends. In July, I had an all-too-brief dinner with a dear friend, with whom I worked at my first job after college. In November, while in Florida for a lacrosse tournament, I met a law school friend for lunch.
So, in reading my list, it's about family and friends and wonderful shared experiences. I guess 2013 was a good year after all!