October 12, 2014. At home after apple picking.
I love today's topic! This weekend, which was a long weekend in Massachusetts, I made a concerted effort to plan some fun outings and get going on some long-contemplated things. I definitely made some headway!
1. Saturday was our anniversary. Since my kids were busy all afternoon, Lino and I had an afternoon in Boston. We first visited the Institute of Contemporary Art and saw the Fiber exhibit. Famished afterward (I'm not sure why walking slowly around a museum makes one so hungry, but it does), we had lunch at Temazcal in the Seaport District. We then went for a beer tasting at Trillium Brewing. Fun afternoon!
2. We watched "Fed Up". Wow! See it. Cut out sugar!
3. I had a consultation with my friend, who is a personal trainer. Time to move ahead with goal of significant weight loss -- it's time.
4. Downloaded and got started with My Fitness Pal. I am finding it to be like Weight Watchers on-line, but better as it gives more detailed information.
5. Started "We Were Liars" and proceeded to read it at every free moment. I cannot wait for the ending. Sometimes, when my fiction mojo isn't good, a "young adult" novel gets me back into fiction and this book is definitley doing that. So good!
6. Slept. A lot. I went to sleep at about 9:00 p.m. on Friday night.
7. Popped by our friends' house and had a mini beer tasting, including our spoils from Trillium.
8. Went apple picking with the kids and one of their friends. While the kids were more interested in posing for pictures for Instagram, Lino and I got to work and picked a bunch of apples. And there may have been cider donuts involved as well.
9. Ran errands with the kids. Haircut, Michael's, Office Depot, DSW, Staples and Trader Joes's in one afternoon. Truth be told, I sat in the car for a couple of those errands and read!
10. Consciously enjoyed my time off! I didn't over-schedule us. In fact, we all decided to forgo looking at colleges and have a long weekend off. I enjoyed what we were doing, when we were doing it. I didn't stress about work, cleaning or what else I should be doing. I just relaxed! I need to do that much more often!